Oscailt Meditation Timer
00:00 00:00 00:00
Welcome to Oscailt’s online meditation timer.
Feel free to use this timer as an aid to your meditative practice. If you are new to meditation we recommend that you start out with short sessions, around 10-15 minutes per meditation. If you overreach yourself in the beginning you are unlikely to continue meditating regularly, so take it slowly and gradually increase the duration of your meditation over a period of time. As you become more experienced you will find that your mind is less likely to wander. When it does you can gently let go of distracting thoughts and without giving yourself a hard time, bring your focus back to the object of your attention, be it your breath, a taste, a sound or a particular part of your body.
How to use the meditation timer:
- Preparation: the amount of time you wish to spend preparing for your session. This will give you a chance to settle into your meditative pose, relax and concentrate on the task at hand. No bell will ring during this period.
- Interval bell: this will ring periodically while you meditate. You may wish to change the focus of your attention after a certain length of time. For example, if you set it to five minutes, it will ring twice in a fifteen minute meditation.
- Meditation: the total length of time you wish to meditate, excluding the preparation time.
- Set Time Buttons: use the up and down buttons, ( ), to set the duration of each section in minutes and seconds.
- Control Buttons: Press the start button, ( ), to begin your meditation. You can pause your session at any point, ( ). Press the button again if you wish to resume. The stop button, ( ), will end your session completely.
Back to top.