Course Time, Cost and Booking Information
- There are currently no events scheduled for MBSR/MBCT. Please check again at a later date or call our office to see if we have information on future dates.
MBSR-MBCT Course Overview
This course combines the essential elements of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy. The participants are taught to observe their habitual, automatic and unhelpful cognitive reactions while at the same time learning to interact with their thoughts and emotions in a less judgmental and more compassionate manner. The aim of the course is to help participants engage with themselves, and their thoughts, emotions and bodily sensations in a way that promotes psychological flexibility and overall well-being.
The course is run over 6 consecutive weeks with a 2 hour class each week and a full day of mindfulness after week 6.
Participants will partake in:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle yoga movement
- Group conversations exploring and developing ways of integrating mindfulness into everyday life
- Individually tailored instructions where necessary
- Home practice utilising 2 course CD’s and handbook (included in course fee)
Who might benefit?
Anyone who would like to experience:
- Increased psychological and physical well-being
- Greater energy and satisfaction with life
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
- An increased ability to relax and experience calm
- A greater capacity for curiosity
- Enhanced interpersonal relationships
- Decreased probability of relapse into periods of low or anxious moods
- Lower levels of emotional distress, rumination, impulsive and self-destructive thoughts
- Reduced levels of stress
- A greater capacity to respond rather than react to life’s challenges