Daily Meditation For A Balanced Life
One of the definitions of madness is that we keep doing the same thing over and over again even if it does not work. We could perhaps also say that the definition of sanity is to keep doing over and over the things that work. Those of us who have been practising mindfulness for a number of years will know that to keep the benefits of it alive we have to keep the practice up. Mindfulness is like a muscle that needs to be kept in shape. The support of a group is very helpful for people and our morning meditation group at Oscailt has been going for a number of years.
The research is compelling: mindfulness practised regularly brings results. So, if you feel you can offer the time to nurture your own well-being, why not join us on one of our weekday mornings? You can come for the full hour or alternatively you can come in at 9.00 or 9.30 for a half hour sessions. Suggested donation €5.
So, what are the benefits of a daily mindfulness practice?
- Reduce stress levels
- Learn to respond rather than react
- Reduce anxiety, depression, chronic pain
- Enjoy your life more and feel more connected
- Recognise and build inner resources you never thought you had
- Become more compassionate and kind to yourself and others
- Greater ability to think more clearly
- Less driven and more able to relax